Reducing C# Code Duplication in Azure Functions
Improve the maintainability and reduce potential errors in your Azure Functions by implementing a range of methods to reduce duplicated code.
What you'll learn
At the core of developing correct and maintainable Azure Functions is a thorough knowledge of how to reduce code duplication. In this course, Reducing C# Code Duplication in Azure Functions, you'll learn how to create functions and Function Apps that reduce or eliminate duplicated code. First, you'll discover how to share source code within a Function App. Next, you'll explore how to share compiled code. Finally, you'll learn how to re-factor business logic code into a shared function. When you’re finished with this course, you'll have a foundational knowledge of reducing code duplication that will help you as you move forward to create more maintainable and less error-prone functions.
Table of contents
- Introduction 2m
- Limitations of Sharing Source Code 1m
- Referencing Pre-supplied Assemblies 2m
- Using Compiled Code from NuGet Packages 3m
- Using Alternative Package Sources 3m
- Creating a Shared Assembly in Visual Studio 2m
- Using a Compiled Assembly in a Single Function 4m
- Sharing a Compiled Assembly Across Multiple Functions 3m
- Updating a Shared Compiled Assembly 3m
- Sharing a Compiled Assembly Across Multiple Function Apps 1m
- Summary 2m