Cumulus: The Big Picture
This course will teach you how to operate and monitor a system running Cumulus OS and how to deploy and verify various features available on the OS.
What you'll learn
It's important to understand the driving factors behind the Cumulus open network operating system and why it works the way it does. In this course, Cumulus: The Big Picture, you’ll learn to how to work with the Cumulus OS. First, you’ll explore some basic functionality in the OS, including bridging and routing. Next, you’ll discover how to deploy a VXLAN fabric with BGP EVPN as the control-plane along with BGP unnumbered. Finally, you’ll learn how to monitor your network with Cumulus NetQ. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of the Cumulus needed to fully provision, deploy and operate this open networking solution.
Table of contents
- Introduction and Agenda 3m
- Network Virtualization and NVOs 6m
- Introducing VXLAN 4m
- VXLAN Flood and Learn 4m
- EVPN as a Control-plane 4m
- Demo: EVPN and L2VNIs 5m
- Demo: BUM Traffic in a VXLAN Fabric 7m
- Demo: Asymmetric Routing in a VXLAN BGP EVPN Fabric 7m
- Demo: MAC Mobility and Duplicate Addresses 4m
- Demo: L3VNIs and Symmetric Routing 5m