Demonstrating the Business Value of Power BI (PL-900)
Power BI is Microsoft's business intelligence tool for creating interactive and stunning visualizations. This course will teach you how to create reports & dashboards and publish them in the cloud as well on the Power BI App.
What you'll learn
Power BI is increasingly being used by enterprises for building dashboards and reports by the decision makers to understand how their businesses are doing. In this course, Demonstrating the Business Value of Power BI (PL-900), you will gain the ability to build reports and dashboards and publish them on cloud or on the Power BI app. First, you will learn how to load data from heterogeneous sources onto Power BI. Next, you will discover how to cleanse and transform the data using Power BI Query editor. Finally, you will explore how to build reports, publish them and share it to the world. When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Power BI needed to demonstrate its business value to the world.
Table of contents
- Module Introduction 4m
- Project Introduction 4m
- Power BI Primer 4m
- Power BI Desktop Interface 3m
- Power BI Editor: An Important Component 2m
- Data View: Connect & Load Data 3m
- Power BI Editor: Data Transformation at Row Level 3m
- Power BI Editor: Data Transformation at Column Level 3m
- Power BI Editor: Append and Merge Data 4m
- Power BI Editor: Pivot and UnPivot Data 2m
- Summary 2m
- Model View: Build the Data Model 3m
- Report View: Visualization, Pages, and Reports 5m
- Report View: Bar Chart 3m
- Report View: Pie Chart 3m
- Report View: Text Table and Heat Map 1m
- Report View: Filled Maps 2m
- Report View: Donut 3m
- Report View: Scatter Plot 3m
- Filters & its Types 3m
- Visual Formatting 3m
- Aggregate Functions 3m
- Usage of Custom Visuals 3m
- Compare and Contrast Power BI Common Components 1m
- Power BI Security Model 2m
Power BI is free desktop analysis and reporting tool that is used to turn data into a coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights.
In this course, you will learn how to connect to Power BI, clean, combine and transform data, build reports and dashboards, and publish and share dashboards. By the end of this course, you will understand how easy it is to generate reports and create data stories.
A data dashboard is a common information management tool that visually tracks, analyzes, and displays key performance indicators, metrics, and trends.
There are no required or suggested prerequisites for this course! Just a desire to increase your Power BI skills!
This course if for anyone who wants to learn Power BI! This is a great introductory course for beginners looking to increase their Power BI knowledge.