Deploying Containerized Applications
There are a gazillion ways to run containers. This course will teach you how to choose the right container platform, from Docker and Kubernetes to managed container services in the cloud.
What you'll learn
You can run Docker containers on one server, in an orchestration platform or a managed service in the cloud. In this course, Deploying Containerized Applications, you’ll experience all the options and learn how to choose your container platform.
First, you’ll explore the features and limitations of Docker Compose. Next, you’ll discover container orchestration, comparing Docker Swarm and Kubernetes. Finally, you’ll learn how to deploy to Azure Container Instances and AWS Elastic Container Service using the Docker Compose format.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of container platforms to plan your own path to production.
Table of contents
- Understanding Kubernetes Clusters 3m
- Modelling Applications with Kubernetes 3m
- Demo: Deploying Apps to Kubernetes 11m
- Managing Configuration with ConfigMaps and Secrets 4m
- Demo: Configuring Apps with Kubernetes 11m
- Implementing Reliability with Deployments and ReplicaSets 5m
- Demo: Scale and Reliability in Kubernetes 11m
- Module Summary 4m
- Understanding Cloud Container Services 3m
- Demo: Deploying Kubernetes Apps to AKSA 8m
- Running Serverless Containers in Azure with ACI 3m
- Demo: Deploying Apps to Azure Container Instances 9m
- Running Serverless Containers in AWS with ECS 3m
- Deploying Apps to AWS Elastic Container Service 8m
- Module and Course Summary 6m