Design for e-Commerce in a Mobile-first World
Looking to design an online store? In this course, you'll learn best practices when designing for e-commerce. You'll learn the most important bits to include in a store design, most efficient tools and process, and a bit about shopper behavior. Software required: Visual Studio, Google Chrome, Photoshop CC.
What you'll learn
Overwhelmed with the task of designing a responsive online shopping experience? If you're used to working in a static creative process, this course Design for e-Commerce in a Mobile-first World, will ease you in to designing in-browser. First you'll use a stable of online tools to generate responsive store mock-ups. Next, you'll learn a bit about different types of online shopping experiences, and how to meet varying needs of shopper demand in with our store design. Finally, we'll generate a site style guide and cross-device store mock-ups. When you've completed this course, you'll have a better understanding of varying requirements for e-commerce, as well as a knowledge of the most efficient tools and frameworks to design in a browser-based environment. Software required: Visual Studio, Google Chrome, Photoshop CC.
Table of contents
- Connecting Your Local Files to Chrome Dev Tools Inspector 7m
- Making Instant Changes to Your Design in Browser 9m
- Adjusting the Layout and Moving Elements as You Design 9m
- Laying out Store Navigation Mobile First Part 1 7m
- Laying out Store Navigation Mobile First Part 2 12m
- Laying out Store Navigation Mobile First Part 3 11m