Designing and Modeling a Sci-fi Prop in Blender
Throughout these lessons, we'll learn how to come up with our own design for a sci-fi prop without using any references. Software required: Blender 2.74.
What you'll learn
Throughout these lessons, we'll learn how to come up with our own design for a sci-fi prop without using any references. We'll begin by setting up Blender for fast access to modeling tools and continue with blocking out and defining major shapes of our prop. Finally, we'll quickly set up the lighting and some materials to make sure all our parts are visible in the final render. The purpose of this tutorial is to teach you how to brainstorm and quickly design a prop, which will help you become a faster and better modeler and designer. Software required: Blender 2.74.
Table of contents
- Customizing Blender 10m
- Coming up with a Design 10m
- Blocking out Prop 10m
- Modeling a Cover Piece 11m
- Adding Detail to Cover Piece 10m
- Modeling the Cooling System 10m
- Finishing the Cooling System 11m
- Modeling the Vent System 11m
- Modeling the Locking System 10m
- Adding Materials and Lighting for Final Render 8m