Developer to Architect
Interested in learning what the role of a software architect entails and why it is so crucial to your organization's success? By the end of this course you will have a thorough understanding of the skills, knowledge, and duties required to become a successful and effective software architect.
What you'll learn
Are you a developer transitioning into the role of software architect? Are you a developer who has aspirations of becoming software architect? Are you already a software architect but eager to learn more about your craft?
In this course, Developer to Architect, you will learn what the role of a software architect entails and why it is so crucial to your organization's success.
You will learn about the skills and knowledge needed to be an effective software architect and about the duties performed during each phase of the project life cycle. You will also learn one of the most important aspect of being a software architect: how to design and communicate a solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
This course is your roadmap to becoming a capable and successful software architect.
Table of contents
- Course Introduction 2m
- Overview 1m
- Who is an Architect? 4m
- What an Architect is Expected to be Skilled At? 3m
- What an Architect is Expected to Know? 3m
- Types of Architects 4m
- Non-Technical Duties: Project 1m
- Non-Technical Duties: People - Building a Team 2m
- Non-Technical Duties: Process 2m
- Non-Technical Duties: Support 1m
- Non-Technical Duties: Leadership 3m
- Technical Duties: Creating The Architecture 3m
- Technical Duties: The Rest of Your Duties 4m
- Technical Duties: What Not to Do 1m
- Why Do We Need Architects? 2m
- Why Do We Need Architects: Meeting Business Goals 2m
- Why Do We Need Architects: Project Duration 2m
- Why Do We Need Architects: Project Cost 2m
- Why Do We Need Architects: Righting the Ship 1m
- Summary 1m