This course teaches the basics of web development with the Django framework. You will learn everything you need to become a productive Python web developer.
What you'll learn
Django is the most popular and most mature Python web development framework around. It makes it easy to build better Web apps more quickly and with less code. Building web sites with Django is not just smart and efficient, but fun too!
In this course, Django Fundamentals, you will learn how to build a complete web application with Django.
First, you'll see how to create attractively styled pages using Django templates.
Next, you'll learn how to add URL mappings for these pages, and handle user interaction with forms.
Finally, to store and manipulate data, Django offers a powerful model API and admin interface, and of course these are covered as well.
After finishing the course, you will have a good overview of all the essential parts of Django and how they work together, so that you can go on and build your own websites in Django.
Table of contents
- Module Overview 3m
- Demo: Django Templates 6m
- Review: Django Templates 3m
- Demo: Passing Data from View to Template 2m
- Demo: Displaying Game Data in a Template 4m
- Demo: A Custom Model Manager and Q() 4m
- Review: Templates and Data 5m
- Demo: Static Content 2m
- Demo: A Base Layout and Template Inheritance 4m
- Demo: Top-level Content Folders 4m
- Review: Static Content and Template Inheritance 4m
- Module Summary 1m
- Module Overview 1m
- Demo: Reacting to the User's Login Status and Redirecting 4m
- Demo: Login and Logout Views 9m
- Review: Authentication 4m
- Demo: Showing an Invitation Form 7m
- Forms: General Flow 2m
- Demo: Handling Form Submit 6m
- Review: ModelForms, Views, and Validation 5m
- Demo: Accepting Invitations 6m
- Review: Named Groups and get_or_404() 2m
- Demo: Tuning and Styling Forms 3m
- Summary 1m
- Module Overview 1m
- Demo: A Game Detail Page 4m
- Demo: Displaying the Game 3m
- Demo: A Form for Making Moves 3m
- Demo: Validating the Move Form 6m
- Demo: Overriding Save() on the Move Class 2m
- Demo: Template Includes 2m
- Review 3m
- Demo: Class Based Views: Showing All Games with ListView 4m
- Demo: Class Based Views: User Signup with CreateView 1m
- Module Summary 2m