.NET Performance Optimization & Profiling with JetBrains dotTrace
Learn how to profile, identify hotspot bottlenecks, and optimize .NET code to create fast and efficient applications with JetBrains dotTrace.
What you'll learn
Customers are not patient and never in history has your website or application's performance mattered as much as today.
According to Amazon, every 100 millisecond increase in load time decreased sales by 1%. In 2013 that could mean as much as 740 million dollars!
Site and application speed is mentally associated with reliability, credibility, security, and stability. Developers are often unaware of how to optimize performance properly. Even worse, performance becomes a priority only when it is unacceptable or, in the best case, annoying.
In this JetBrains dotTrace course, you will learn how to profile, identify hotspot bottlenecks, and optimize .NET code to create fast and efficient applications with JetBrains dotTrace.
Table of contents
- Hotspots vs. Bottlenecks 1m
- Snapshots 4m
- dotTrace Views 1m
- A dotTrace Node 1m
- Threads Tree 1m
- Call Tree 0m
- Plain List 3m
- Hot Spots 1m
- Back Traces 1m
- Exporting and Saving Snapshots 0m
- Snapshot Annotations 0m
- Demo: Snapshots, Views, & Hotspots 9m
- Demo: Find a Hotspot with Log Reader 4m
- Demo: Improve Performance with Collections 3m
- Takeaway 2m
- dotTrace Techniques 0m
- Searching and Navigating 1m
- Narrowing Scope in New Tab 1m
- Bookmarks 0m
- Subsystems 3m
- Formatting 1m
- Filtering 1m
- Folding 1m
- Functions with Small Impact or Zero Time 1m
- Node Annotations 0m
- Code Preview Options 1m
- Demo: Techniques with Simple Weather App 7m
- Demo: XML Counter 6m
- Takeaway 2m