This course teaches you how to draw by hand, starting from the ground up. After taking this course, you will have a very strong foundational understanding of how to draw by hand.
What you'll learn
In this course, Drawing Fundamentals, you will learn how to draw by hand, starting from the ground up. You will begin by learning the elements and principles of design, where you'll learn about line, shape, value, color, contrast, and many more of the building blocks of drawing and design. Then, you will get right into a observational drawing exercises, where you'll learn how to map out and draw an object with proper proportions using lines and values. Finally, you'll learn how to draw a human face, and then how to draw a portrait from a photo reference. After taking this course, you will have a very strong foundational understanding of how to draw by hand.
Table of contents
- Intro to Drawing Form with Value 1m
- Mapping out the Sphere 6m
- Rendering the Shadow Side of the Sphere 5m
- Rendering the Light Side of the Sphere 3m
- Finishing the Shadow Details of the Sphere 3m
- Mapping out the Cone 5m
- Rendering the Shadow Side of the Cone 6m
- Rendering the Light Side of the Cone 4m
- Adding Value Contrast and Finishing the Cone 6m
- Drawing Form with Value Conclusion 0m
- Intro to Drawing the Human Face 0m
- Mapping out The Human Face 5m
- Mapping out the Feature Widths and Heights 4m
- Drawing the Facial Features 6m
- Finishing the Human Head Details 4m
- Drawing Human Eyeballs 4m
- Drawing Eyelids 2m
- Drawing the Eye from Different Perspectives 5m
- Drawing the Nose 6m
- Drawing the Ear 7m
- Outro to Drawing the Human Face 0m
- Intro to Drawing a Portrait 1m
- Choosing and Preparing a Reference Photo 2m
- Mapping out the Facial Proportions 3m
- Start Drawing the Eyes 3m
- Start Drawing Nose and Detailed Eye Features 5m
- Drawing the Shape of the Face 4m
- Drawing the Eyebrows, Mustache, and Hair 4m
- Drawing the Facial Details 6m
- Cleaning up the Markings Before Value Shading 2m
- Shading in Values: Part 1 4m
- Shading in Values: Part 2 5m
- Shading in Values: Part 3 6m
- Completing the Dark Shadow Values 4m
- Completing the Lighter Values 3m
- Detailing the Hair 4m
- Finishing Details of the Portrait (Timelapse) 3m
- Conclusion to Drawing Fundamentals 0m
This course will teach you fundamentals of drawing of drawing by hand. You will cover beginner techniques that act as the building blocks of drawing and design.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to draw by hand.
There are no prerequisites for this beginner course on drawing by hand.
This course covers lines, shapes, values, colors, and contrasting as the building blocks of drawing and design.