Entity Framework Core 2.1 Migrations: Fundamentals
EF Migrations give you control over your database, and with EF Core 2.1, Migrations have significantly improved. Learn how to develop with migrations as a team, resolve conflicts when they arise, and securely deploy database changes to production.
What you'll learn
Entity Framework Core Migrations are Microsoft's recommended way of managing application databases. They are extremely powerful, but you have to understand how to use them.
In this course, Entity Framework Core 2.1 Migrations: Fundamentals, you will learn the foundations of developing and deploying an enterprise application using migrations. First, you will learn how to create, test, and organize migrations. Next, you will discover how to resolve the conflicts that will inevitably arise. Finally, you will explore different methods of deploying database changes to higher environments, and determine which is most appropriate for going to production.
When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of EF Core Migrations needed to build and deploy enterprise applications.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Deployment Options 5m
- Running Migrations Via Code 3m
- Deploying the Mobile App 3m
- Running Migrations via the Command Line 2m
- Generating a SQL Script 3m
- Generating a SQL Script Demo 2m
- Adding Migrations to the Build Pipeline 3m
- Executing Migration Scripts 2m
- Executing Migration Scripts Demo 3m
- Generate a Model From an Existing Database 6m
- Summary 2m