Exploring Assessing Evidence-based Opportunities
This course will teach you to explore opportunities in the market instead of ideas and applying them via design and lean thinking practices.
What you'll learn
Understand how to assess product opportunities using lean and Agile practices. In this course, Exploring Assessing Evidence-based Opportunities, you’ll learn to explore opportunities in the market instead of ideas and applying them via design and lean thinking practices, as well as keeping stakeholders satisfied by validating their ideas.
First, you’ll explore how to generate solution ideas, which techniques can be used to generate them, how to evaluate them, how to prioritize them; as well as discussing prioritization of ideas versus opportunities.
Next, you’ll discover how to create prototypes on different levels, prototyping benefits, exploring ideas with prototyping; and tips and benefits about working together with product designers and how to manage the co-designing process.
Finally, you’ll learn how to create a stakeholder validation plan, its preparation steps, usage of prototypes in the plan, including data collection as evidence, and applying design thinking practices to iteratively improve the plan.
When you are finished with the course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of exploring the delivery and evolution of the products with opportunities discovered and executed, needed to compete with the products in the market.
Table of contents
- Module Overview and the Problem 1m
- Idea Generation Techniques: SCAMPER 5m
- Idea Generation Techniques: Brainstorming, Role Playing, Reverse Thinking 5m
- Idea Generation Techniques: Synectics 4m
- SWOT, Opportunity Perspectives, Finding and Generating Opportunities 6m
- Setting up an Opportunity Solution Tree and It's Evaluation 4m
- Prioritization Techniques: MoSCoW, Cost of Delay, Story Mapping 5m
- Prioritization Techniques: Prioritization Matrix, RICE Modal 6m
- Module Overview 1m
- Prototyping Definition, Why Prototyping Is Important? 2m
- Prototyping Levels - Low Fidelity and High Fidelity Prototyping 3m
- Benefits of Prototyping, Pinpoints of Validating Prototypes 8m
- Co-designing Definition, Benefits of Co-designing, Main Aspects of Co-creating Solution Prototypes with Product Designers 5m
- Main Aspects of Co-creating with Customers 3m
- Module Overview 1m
- Who Are the Stakeholders, Stakeholders, and Their Types 3m
- Validation vs. Verification, Lean and Design Thinking Overview 3m
- Lean Approach to Product Validation, Stakeholder Validation Plan Contents, Analyzing Product Validation Outcomes 6m
- Backing Validation Plan with Data Evidences 5m
- Product Validation Processes for Stakeholder and Customers 3m