Exploring Layer Effects and Styles in Photoshop
Welcome to this tutorial where we'll explore various layer effects and styles in Photoshop. Software required: Photoshop CC 2014.
What you'll learn
Welcome to this tutorial where we'll explore various layer effects and styles in Photoshop. Photoshop comes equipped with a variety of effects like bevels, glows, and shadows. You can use a variety of these effects to change the appearance of the contents on a given layer and can even create your own custom layer style as a result. Throughout this training we'll see how we can apply a variety of the effects to a design inspired by old school comic book covers. We'll see how we can modify different settings and options to define a specific look and feel for various parts of the design. By learning about these effects in Photoshop you'll be able to push the creativity of your own designs and create customized layer styles. Software required: Photoshop CC 2014.
Table of contents
- Applying an Inner Shadow to Our Design 10m
- Applying Inner Glow 10m
- Layer Styles Contour Editor 9m
- How to Add a Drop Shadow to Our Project 10m
- Applying Bevel and Emboss to Our Project 14m
- Continuing to Apply Bevel and Emboss to Our Project 9m
- Applying the Satin Effect to the Blob 7m
- Applying a Gradient Overlay Effect to Some Elements of Our Design 11m
- Applying an Outer Glow and Color Overlay to Our Project 10m
- Applying a Stroke to Some Text 7m
- Default Styles, General Blending Options, and Scale Effects 6m