Extracting and Transforming Data in SSIS
SSIS is the main on-premises ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tool from Microsoft, and it's heavily utilized for data engineering on SQL Server. In this course, you'll learn how to install and configure SSIS, and develop ETL packages with it.
What you'll learn
Data engineering is in the backbone of advanced analytics, business intelligence, and machine learning activities, and is also one of the most exciting and rewarding professions in the IT industry today.
SSIS is the main SQL Server tool for achieving ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) goals, whether you are:
- Building a data warehouse
- Ransforming unstructured or semi-structured files into valuable insights, or
- Loading massive amounts of information for data sciences operations
First, you'll discover how to use conditional logic and loops to control your data flow.
Next, you'll delve into integrating data from sources other than databases. Then, you'll explore additional processes, scripts, and packages to expand your ETL capabilities beyond SSIS.
Finally, you'll learn how to transform data using Data Flow operations, and pipe data by Split, Merge, and Union operations.
By the end of this tutorial, you'll be able to use SSIS to execute fundamental ETL processes.
Table of contents
- The Bulk Insert Task 2m
- The Bulk Insert Task (Demo) 6m
- Working with Files 3m
- Running Other Packages 1m
- Running Other Packages (Demo) 3m
- Executing External Processes 1m
- Executing External Processes (Demo) 3m
- Executing Scripts 1m
- Executing Scripts (Demo) 3m
- Sending Emails 1m
- Sending Emails (Demo) 5m
- Module Summary 1m
- SSIS Sources and Destinations 7m
- SSIS Sources 11m
- SSIS Destinations 6m
- Copying and Deriving Columns 1m
- Copying and Deriving Columns (Demo) 5m
- Converting Data Types 2m
- Converting Data Types (Demo) 3m
- Sorting Data 2m
- Sorting Data (Demo) 2m
- Performing Lookups 2m
- Performing Lookups (Demo) 4m
- Module Summary 1m