Finding Relationships in Data with Python
This course covers the important techniques of exploring data in order to find relationships between variables, including techniques to summarize and describe your data, and several powerful visualization tools to express relationships in that data.
What you'll learn
Data science and data modeling are fast emerging as crucial capabilities that every enterprise and every technologist must possess these days. Increasingly, different organizations are using the same models and the same modeling tools, so what differs is how those models are applied to the data. Today, more than ever, it is really important that you know your data well.
In this course, Finding Relationships in Data with Python you will gain the ability to find relationships within your data that you can exploit to construct more complex models.
First, you will learn to summarize your data using univariate, bivariate and multivariate statistics. Next, you will discover how specific forms of visualization have evolved to identify and capture specific types of relationships. You will then learn some advanced tools such as the use of autocorrelation plots and KDE plots that help model probability distributions.
Finally, you will round out your knowledge by using four of these libraries - Matplotlib, Seaborn, Altair and Plotly to find relationships.
When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge to identify and exploit relationships that exist within your data, by efficiently exploring and visualizing that data.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Module Overview 1m
- Prerequisites and Course Outline 1m
- Statistics in Understanding Data 5m
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion 6m
- Bivariate and Multivariate Descriptive Statistics 3m
- Demo: Loading Cleaning and Preparing Data 5m
- Demo: Exploring and Visualizing Relationships 7m
- Demo: Calculating and Visualizing Correlations 8m
- Autocorrelation 2m
- Demo: Calculating and Visualizing Autocorrelation 5m
- Demo: Line Plots and Bar Graphs 4m
- Demo: Box Plots Violin Plots and Pie Charts 5m
- Module Summary 1m
- Module Overview 1m
- Introducing Altair 3m
- Demo: Getting Started with Altair 6m
- Demo: Simple Altair Plots to Slice and Explore Data 5m
- Demo: Visualizing Relationships Using Binning and Aggregation 4m
- Demo: Interactive Visualizations with Altair 8m
- Introducing Plotly 2m
- Demo: Interactive Visualizations for Financial Data Using Plotly 5m
- Demo: Geographical Plots Using Bubble Maps 3m
- Summary and Further Study 1m