Flask: Getting Started
If you want to get a running start developing a web application, Flask is the framework for you. It allows you to create an application with a tiny amount of code. In this course I will show you the basics of web development with Flask.
What you'll learn
Flask is very popular in the Python world because of its friendly and minimalistic approach. It allows you to create an application with a tiny amount of code (and work). In this course, Flask: Getting Started, I will show you the basics of Flask to get you started with Python web development. First, you will learn how to create a Flask view function. Next, you will discover how to create html pages. Finally, you will explore web forms and handling user input. By the end of this course, you'll be able to write code for a Flask web application.
Table of contents
- Introducing Flask 5m
- Demo: Installing Flask and Starting a Project 3m
- Demo: Creating Your First Web Page with Flask 2m
- Demo: Running the Flask Development Server 2m
- Demo: If the Server Doesn't Run 1m
- Demo: Flask and the Flow of Control 4m
- Demo: The Flask Debug View 3m
- Demo: How Flask Maps URLs to View Functions 3m
- Review 4m