Fundamentals of Building .NET 5 Applications on AWS
This course will teach .NET developers the foundations of building .NET applications in the AWS cloud using AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio.
What you'll learn
It's surprising to discover how much support Amazon has for .NET on AWS - tooling, SDKs, APIs, and a team of developer advocates.
In this course, Fundamentals of Building .NET Applications on AWS, you’ll learn to build a fully hosted cloud native .NET application on AWS using AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio.
- First, you’ll explore basics and fundamentals of getting started with the AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio in .NET application development.
- Next, you’ll learn step by step guidance to host and deploy .NET applications on AWS.
- Finally, you’ll learn how to leverage AWS cloud native services to build a modern containerized or serverless .NET application.
Table of contents
- Introduction and Overview 2m
- Defining AWS Hosting Options 4m
- Reviewing the ASP.NET Core Application We’ll Work With 6m
- Switching the Application to Use a Database on Amazon RDS 5m
- Publishing ASP.NET Core Applications to AWS Elastic Beanstalk 8m
- Discovering and (Temporarily) Fixing the Undeployed Secrets Problem 2m
- Republishing an Application 1m
- Exploring the Application and Environment in the Console 1m
- Review and Resources 1m
- Introduction and Overview 1m
- AWS Container Service Options 2m
- Preparing Your Dev Machine and Visual Studio for Docker 2m
- Adding Docker Support to the ASP.NET Application 3m
- Preparing to Debug Your App in a Local Container 2m
- Debugging the App in a Local Container 1m
- Getting Ready to Publish to Fargate 2m
- Configuring the Deployment to Fargate 6m
- Finishing Up and Testing the Deployment 3m
- Allowing Your Containers to Access RDS 3m
- Interacting Further with the Container’s API 1m
- Review and Resources 3m
- Introduction and Overview 2m
- AWS Lambda and Serverless Applications 2m
- Creating a New Serverless Application from a Project Template 1m
- Exploring the Facets of the Serverless Application 5m
- Copying SAM Project Files & Code to Your API Project 4m
- Ensuring Your Serverless Application Can Access Needed Resources 2m
- Removing Extraneous Code from the Template Files You Copied 2m
- Ensuring the Application Is Still Functioning Before You Deploy 1m
- Deploying the Serverless Application from the AWS Toolkit 2m
- Observing the Deployment Progress 2m
- Understanding the Cause of the Function's Failing Controller 2m
- Connecting a Lambda to a VPC That Has Needed Resources 5m
- Making the Final Connection with a VPC Endpoint 4m
- Review, Resources, and the Lists of Steps Performed 3m
The AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio is an add-on for Microsoft Visual Studio that enables .NET developers to build and debug projects started with its included templates or your existing projects.
Explore basics and fundamentals of getting started with the AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio in .NET application development, learn step by step guidance to host and deploy .NET applications on AWS, and learn how to leverage AWS cloud native services to build a modern containerized or serverless .NET application.
This course focuses on leveraging your existing knowledge of building .NET applications in Visual Studio and adds to that the feature-rich AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio.
This course will show you how to install and configure the AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio. You will also need a free AWS account.