Fusion 360 - Wooden Toy Design
In this course, you will learn how to create two different wooden toy designs in Autodesk's Fusion 360 - a Pinewood Derby car and a wooden puzzle. Software required: Autodesk Fusion 360.
What you'll learn
In this course, Fusion 360 - Wooden Toy Design, you are going to explore how to design a couple of wooden toys using the amazing functionality in Autodesk's Fusion 360. The first design you'll tackle is a wooden car, similar to one you might find in a Pinewood Derby. The second design you'll work on is a wooden puzzle. First, you'll learn about the basic sketching techniques required, as well has how to create and modify solid geometry. Next, you'll learn how to add joints and motion to your model. Finally, you'll add decals and other touches to make your models pop. By the end this course, you'll have a handle on quite a few sketching techniques, as well as creating and modifying joints that dictate how each component relates to one another, and many more goodies to help make your Fusion 360 workflow as efficient as possible. Software required: Autodesk Fusion 360.
Table of contents
- Series Intro and Creating the Stock 9m
- Creating Sketch Geometry for Axles Cuts 5m
- Creating the Axle Cuts and Adding Material 4m
- Adding a Decal, Sketching the Car Profile, and Cutting Away from the Stock 8m
- Adding Headlight Cutouts 5m
- Creating the Axles 5m
- Creating the Wheel Wells and Adding Wheels 6m
- Aligning the Wheels and Adding Draft 8m