Game Environment Concept Art Fundamentals
In this course, you will take a look at a great approach to creating concept art for entertainment productions and that is combining the power of 3d and 2d to have the best of both worlds and to prepare ourselves for the professional world.
What you'll learn
Are you looking for a great approach to designing your concept art for entertainment productions?
In this course, Game Environment Concept Art Fundamentals, you will gain an understanding of how to create a fantasy environment concept art using a 3d block-out:
- learn the block-out in Zbrush and some essential techniques needed to make it efficient and structured
- discover how to use the 3d scene as a solid foundation to facilitate the painting phase by compositing render passes
- explore how to create an illustrative mood and be flexible in lighting in Photoshop, without having to spend time on constructing drawings since everything is solved in 3d and we are free to choose the most compelling view of our scene
By the end of this course, you will have a more expansive skill set with using 3d to create complex environment concepts. Required Software: ZBrush 4R9, Photoshop CC 2019
Table of contents
- Intro and Workflow Discussion 5m
- Mesh Creation 4m
- Transforming 3m
- Transform Advanced 3m
- Symmetry in a Nutshell 2m
- Essential Brushes 5m
- Trim and Polish 3m
- Clipping Brushes 3m
- Masking, Visibility and Groups 4m
- Subtools 3m
- Voxel Sculpting 5m
- Zmodeling 4m
- Live Booleans 4m
- Array Mesh 2m
- Creating a Custom Menu 4m
- White-Boxing Part 1 6m
- White-boxing Part 2 3m
- Throne Blockout 5m
- Throne Refinement 7m
- Decimating Assets 1m
- Placing the Ballustrade 3m
- Ballustrade and Nanotechnique 4m
- Destruction Options 3m
- Non-destructive Destruction 3m
- Creating Wood Planks and Spears 3m
- Cloth Creation And Refinement 4m
- Detailing Techniques on the Pillar 4m
- Creating Insert Mesh Brush for Stones 3m
- Final Scene Arrangement 6m
ZBrush is a digital sculpting tool that combines 2.5D modeling and 3D with textures and painting.
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of ZBrush, how to block out designs, render out passes, and painting on top of the render passes.
Prerequisites for this course are: an understanding of the basics of drawing.
Software required for this course is Photoshop cc 2019, ZBrush, and 4R9.