Game Environment Texturing Fundamentals
Environment texturing is a crucial part of game level creation. This course will teach you the basics re-topology, UV mapping, baking, and texture painting in Photoshop. Software required: 3DS Max, zBrush, Photoshop, xNormal Optional: Topogun.
What you'll learn
Creating textures for games can sometimes be a very involved and confusing process. In this course, Game Environment Texturing Fundamentals you will be texturing a game environment that consists of different materials. First, you will create low polygon meshes to be used as the base of your work. Next, you will UV and bake maps on to those meshes to lay the ground work for texturing. Finally, you will create your own stylized textures in Photoshop. When you're finished with this texturing course, you'll not only be able to texture the game environment at hand, but also have sufficient skills to texture different materials and environments in the future. Software required: 3DS Max, zBrush, Photoshop, xNormal Optional: Topogun.
Table of contents
- Creating Actions in Photoshop, Setting up Marmoset 7m
- Basic Albedo Rock Painting in Photoshop 7m
- Adding Details to Rock Albedo Texture 9m
- Finalizing the Albedo Texture for the Rock 9m
- Creating the Roughness Map in Photoshop 9m
- Adding Details to the Normal Map in Photoshop 8m
- Creating Specular Texture in Photoshop 7m
About the author
Network Interface Layer and Ethernet Operation for Cisco CCNA 200-125/100-105
- 3h 5m