Getting Started with the Freeform Modeling Tools in 3ds Max
In this course, we will learn about the Freeform Modeling Tools using a variety of examples. Software required: 3ds Max 2010 and up.
What you'll learn
In this course, we will learn about the Freeform Modeling Tools using a variety of examples in 3ds Max, part of the Graphite Modeling Tools set, and how you can use those tools to quickly shape your models and create custom topology. Some of the highlights of the course include using the Paint Deform tools to quickly sculpt your models, creating custom geometry that conforms to existing surfaces, and building geometry from the ground up using Step Build. Upon completion, you'll have a complete understanding of the Freeform tools and how you can put them to use. Using the Graphite Modeling Tools in 3ds Max is a highly recommended complement to this course and will help you get a better look at all of the available tools. Software required: 3ds Max 2010 and up.
Table of contents
- Working with the Tool Ribbon 4m
- Using the Paint Deform Tools 9m
- Using the Splines Tool to Build a Waterslide 5m
- Building Geometry Rapidly Using the Surface Freeform Tool 5m
- Using the Shapes Tool to Draw Out New Polygons 5m
- Sketching Out Custom Geometry Using the Topology Tool 4m
- Using the Strips Tool to Build a Railroad Track 4m
- Building Some Trees with the Branches Tool 5m
- Building Geometry from Scratch Using Step Build 7m
- Modifying Geometry Using Drag and Optimize 6m