Getting Started with Puppet Bolt
This course provides you with everything you need to quickly get started with configuration management. Use existing management scripts to orchestrate complex tasks across multiple Linux and Windows devices without deploying any infrastructure.
What you'll learn
Orchestrate complex tasks across Linux and Windows devices without deploying any infrastructure. In this course, Getting Started with Puppet Bolt, you will gain the ability to orchestrate tasks across multiple devices using any language supported on the remote nodes. First, you will learn how to install Puppet Bolt on your PC. Next, you will discover how to run commands and scripts on remote devices using Bolt. Finally, you will explore how to download and install tasks from Puppet Forge, create your own Puppet modules with tasks, and orchestrate tasks using plans. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Puppet Bolt needed to manage the configuration of your servers.
Table of contents
- What Is a Puppet Task? 4m
- What Is a Puppet Module? 2m
- Commands for Creating Modules and Tasks 3m
- Commands for Installing Modules and Running Tasks 6m
- Creating a Puppet Task 4m
- Downloading Modules from Puppet Forge 1m
- Installing Modules 3m
- Run Your New Task 3m
- Pass Arguments and Use Structured Output 5m
- Run Tasks with Arguments and Pipe Results to Text File 3m
- Add Metadata to a Task 4m