Implementing and Managing GitHub for DevSecOps
In this course, you will learn how the GitHub platform can help with implementing DevSecOps practices.
What you'll learn
Managing and implementing DevSecOps practices can be challenging. In this course, Implementing and Managing GitHub for DevSecOps, you’ll learn what are the core functionalities offered by GitHub platform to implement DevSecOps practices.
First, you’ll explore core features that GitHub offers to make it easier to adopt DevSecOps practices.
Next, you’ll discover how to configure features like secret scanning and detection in the source code, automatic detection of vulnerable components, or code scanning in the DevOps pipeline.
Finally, you’ll learn how to integrate GitHub with other tools to provide a holistic look into source code and GitHub platform security.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of GitHub needed to implement DevSecOps practices and improve security posture of your code at an early stage.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Understand and Configure Secret Scanning on GitHub 3m
- Demo: Enable Secret Scanning on GitHub 7m
- Understand and Configure Dependabot Security Updates 1m
- Demo: Enable Security Updates on GitHub 5m
- Understand and Configure Code Scanning 2m
- Demo: Enable Code Scanning on GitHub 10m
- Understand and Configure GitHub Codespaces 2m
- Demo: Enable and Configure GitHub Codespaces 10m
- Summary 1m