Go: The Big Picture
This course is designed to help you understand what the Go language is all about and how it can help you out. We focus on answering questions about what Go is, why it might be helpful to you, and how to get started using this powerful language.
What you'll learn
Go was created as an attempt to provide a single language that combined efficient compilation, efficient execution, and ease of programming. In the last few years, Go’s rise in popularity has demonstrated that it has definitely filled a need in the software development community.
This course will give you an overview of the language, its ecosystem, and the types of problems that Go is good at solving. By the time you are done, you will have a solid understanding of how Go might be able to help you reach your goals.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Overview of Philosophy and Values 4m
- Embracing the Power of Simplicity 5m
- Focusing on Network Aware and Concurrent Applications 3m
- Optimizing the out-of-the-box Experience 5m
- Simplifying Cross-platform Development 3m
- Commitment to Backward Compatibility 4m
- Go's Primary Use Cases 3m
- Summary 4m