Creating Hairstyles with Maya Hair
In this series of Maya tutorials, you'll learn how to create realistic hairstyles for your characters using Maya Hair. Software required: Maya 2012.
What you'll learn
In this series of Maya tutorials, you'll learn how to create realistic hairstyles for your characters using Maya Hair. We will begin the tutorial by learning how to create the basic shape and style of our hair with a high level of precision and a minimal amount of effort. We will use paint effects strokes to assist in the styling and creation of our hair, we will learn how to apply dynamic forces while retaining the styled shape of our hair, and many additional topics that will allow you to start creating beautiful hairstyles for your Maya characters. Software required: Maya 2012.
Table of contents
- Starting the Hair Shape 10m
- Creating Primary Hair Curves 6m
- Cleaning up Primary Hair Curves 10m
- Applying Paint Effects to Primary Hair Curves 16m
- Generating New Hair Curves from Paint Effects 9m
- Controlling the Rendered Appearance of Our Hair 11m
- Controlling Hair Collisions with Character Geometry 8m
- Maintaining Dynamic Hair Shape 7m
- Attaching Dynamic Hair to an Animated Character 10m