Ensuring Application Reliability and Performance on Heroku
This course will teach you how to monitor, debug, and scale your Heroku application to reliably serve a high throughput of traffic.
What you'll learn
You may have deployed a basic hobby project on Heroku before, but making sure that it scales to thousands or even millions of users is a challenge. In this course, Ensuring Application Reliability and Performance on Heroku, you’ll learn to monitor, debug, and scale your Heroku application to serve a high throughput of traffic reliably. First, you’ll explore how to measure and scale your application using Heroku CLI and the Heroku web portal. Next, you’ll discover how to monitor and trace errors using Heroku logs and debugging tools. Finally, you’ll learn how to scale your database and caching layer with Heroku Postgres and Redis. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of Heroku’s suite of tools needed to ensure your application's reliability in the face of large scale traffic.
Table of contents
- Introduction to the Application 2m
- Demo: Code Walkthrough of the Carved Rock Fitness Website 4m
- Getting to Know Application Metrics 5m
- Load Testing Your APIs 1m
- Demo: Load Testing Your APIs 2m
- Scaling the Application 3m
- Horizontal Autoscaling 2m
- Demo: Horizontal Autoscaling 2m
- Multi-region Deployments 2m
- Demo: Multi-region Deployments 4m
- Summary 1m