Introduction to Qt 5.2: A C++ Cross Platform Application Framework
This course will get you up to speed quickly on the C++ Qt Framework. Be envious of Java and .NET no more.
What you'll learn
Have you been waiting for a cross-platform application framework for C++ that lets you do everything from creating daemons to writing elegant desktop GUIs? Wait no more. Get up to speed quickly on the Qt Framework using a real world example. This course will teach you both critical portions of the Qt Framework, and how to use the tools that come with the framework including the very powerful Qt Creator IDE. By the end of this course, you'll be comfortable building GUI front ends for the desktop as well as learning how to work with JSON data files and the Networking components of Qt. You'll also become a pro at using the signals and slots mechanism for communicating between classes and processes. This course expects you to already know the C++ programming language.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Organizing the Project 2m
- Using and Modifying a Custom Class Wizard 7m
- Creating the Main View and Adding a Resource File 5m
- Creating the Setup Tab TCP/IP Group Box 8m
- Refactoring for Namespaces 2m
- Refactoring for a Startup Class 4m
- Adding Helper Methods to the Utils Class 4m
- Completing the Setup Tab 9m
- Summary 1m