Introduction to Unity 5
In this series of Unity tutorials we'll discover how to use the core features of the software while creating our very first game. Software required: Unity 5.0.
What you'll learn
In this series of Unity tutorials we'll discover how to use the core features of the software while creating our very first game.
In this Introduction to Unity 5, we'll start out by learning how to properly create a new project and how to manage our game assets.
- From there, we're going to create a complete level using the terrain tools and we'll also learn about set dressing.
- Now here's where the super-awesome fun stuff begins! We'll learn how to set up the player character and get him moving and animating in our level.
- After that, we'll continue implementing systems like the enemies, energy pickups, and the mother ship.
- Then we'll start to wrap up the course by learning how to create a HUD using the new UI tools.
Software required: Unity 5.0.
Table of contents
- Creating a New Project 3m
- Breaking Down the Interface 10m
- File Management and Project Organization 11m
- Creating Prefabs 10m
- Creating Materials 12m
- Creating a Terrain 13m
- Painting the Terrain 11m
- Set Dressing the Level 10m
- Adding Foliage 15m
- Working with Lights 10m
- Particle System Basics 15m
- Setting up the Player Character 10m
- Modifying Animation State Transitions 5m
- Scripting the Character Movement 15m
- Finishing the Character Movement 15m
- Setting up the Camera Rig 10m
- Setting up the Enemy 9m
- Setting up the Enemy Movement 11m
- Creating Pickups 14m
- Creating the Game State 12m
- Creating the UI 11m
- Updating the UI 13m
- Creating the Game Over Screen 8m
- Scripting the Game Over Screen 10m
- Finishing Our Game 8m