Creating Isometric Drawings in AutoCAD
In this set of tutorials, we'll learn how to create isometric drawings in AutoCAD while creating a small structural detail. Software required: AutoCAD 2015.
What you'll learn
In this set of tutorials, we'll learn how to create isometric drawings in AutoCAD while creating a small structural detail. We'll begin with setting up our model space so that our snaps and grids work in an isometric view. From there we'll do a small exercise to help us get familiar with the grid and UCS in the isometric environment. After that, we'll begin our small project by creating the beam in our isometric view, as well as the connection plates, bolts, and a few other structural elements. Along the way, you can expect to learn how use various geometric shapes to create commonly-used elements you'd expect to find in isometric details. By the end of this course, you'll be comfortable with working in the isometric view and you should be able to work your way through any isometric drawing thrown your way. Software required: AutoCAD 2015.
Table of contents
- Setting up Your Model Space for Isometric Drawing 8m
- Drawing the Wide Flange Beam 7m
- Drawing the Steel Angle 8m
- Drawing the Second Piece to the Connection 4m
- Cleaning Line Work and Creating a Bolt 9m
- Creating a Nut for the Bolted Connection 9m
- Drawing a Column in Isometric View 8m
- Connecting the Beam and Column 9m
- Creating Hidden Lines in Your Drawing 5m
- Creating a Welded Connection and Adding Text 9m