ISTQB® Foundation: Tool Support for Testing
This course will teach you how to approach selecting testing tools for your organization and prepare you for taking the ISTQB® Foundation Level exam.
What you'll learn
Acquiring and using a tool potentially brings unforeseen risks. In this course, ISTQB® Foundation: Tool Support for Testing, you'll learn about different tool types and approaches for tool classification. First, you'll see different approaches when it comes to tool classification and explore classification by test activities they support. Next, you'll learn about the benefits and risks of test automation and look at the additional considerations for choosing test execution and test management tools. Finally, you'll discover the success factors for a tool and learn how to approach introducing a tool in an organization. By the end of this course, you'll have the skills and knowledge to put all of this into practice in a real-world situation and have greater confidence in taking and passing the ISTQB® Foundations level exam.
Table of contents
- Module Overview 2m
- Exploring the Purpose of Tools 4m
- Recognizing the Probe Effect 2m
- Classifying Test Tools 2m
- Tools for Management of Testing and Testware 5m
- Tools for Static Testing 2m
- Tools for Test Design and Implementation 3m
- Tools for Test Execution and Logging 3m
- Tools for Performance Measurement and Dynamic Analysis 3m
- Module Summary 2m