Using Jenkins to Automate Artifact Builds and Security
This course teaches you how to automate the creation of different artifacts, like VMs, containers, and serverless components in a CI/CD tool chain with the help of, Jenkins, Terraform, and Ansible, and how to add security with HashiCorp Vault.
What you'll learn
Jenkins provides IT professionals with the toolset to automate the building of a number of different artifacts. In this course, Using Jenkins to Automate Artifact Builds and Security, you’ll learn how to select Jenkins plug-ins that are fit for purpose, plan for simple builds that can then be combined into DevOps workflows, and how to leverage many battle-tested build tools with Jenkins. First, you’ll explore the need for automation and security. Next, you’ll discover how to automate the building of three different types of artifacts - VMs, containers, and serverless artifacts. Finally, you’ll learn how to take advantage of HashiCorp Vault to layer security on top of the build automation process. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of integrating Jenkins with a number of important technologies needed to automate artifact builds in your organization and to facilitate the evolution of a robust product portfolio.
Table of contents
- Intro and Next Level of Virtualization with Serverless 2m
- Characteristics of Serverless 7m
- Business Case for Serverless at Globomantics 3m
- Serverless Architecture 7m
- Creating Serverless Components 9m
- Automating Component Creation with IaC Tools 18m
- Integrating Terraform with Jenkins 7m
- Layering Security with HashiCorp Vault 6m
- Best Practices and Course Summary 2m