Understanding Lean Six Sigma Tools
In this course, you will discover tools to complement Lean Six Sigma projects. You'll also learn essential tools to combine with the DMAIC methodology, such as Value Stream Mapping and a set of principles for creating poka-yoke devices and systems.
What you'll learn
Learn the tools that can be combined with the DMAIC methodology in Lean Six Sigma projects.
In this course, Understanding Lean Six Sigma Tools, you will learn foundational knowledge on complementary tools to Lean Six Sigma.
- First, you will discover Lean metrics based on Kanban.
- Next, you will learn more about Kaizen and why standardizing processes is so important for quality management.
- Finally, you will explore principles to create your own Poka Yoke systems and devices.
Table of contents
- Course and Module Overview 4m
- The Toyota System 3m
- Traditional Kanban vs. IT Kanban 6m
- Traditional Kanban Sample 2m
- IT Kanban Sample 2m
- Lean Metrics 6m
- Six Sigma Metrics 3m
- Combining Lean and Six Sigma 2m
- Defining Metrics for Processes 3m
- Queueing Theory Overview 2m
- Queueing Theory in Lean Six Sigma 2m
Lean Six Sigma is a philosophy of improvement that aims to prevent defects, variability and all things that might undermine customer loyalty.
DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) is a Six Sigma process improvement methodology that utilizes objective problem solving in order to optimize current processes. DMAIC is a data driven strategy that puts a heavy emphasis on measurement and analysis in order to achieve greater results and impact.
In this course you will:
- Take a deep dive in to the DMAIC methodology
- Learn key Lean Six Sigma metrics and how to apply the voice of the customer concept
- And you will learn the skills and knowledge needed to take part in quality management endeavours
After this course you will be ready for Lean Six Sigma White Belt certification.
This course is for those with an intermediate level knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and those who are preparing for Lean Six Sigma Belt certification