Linux Installation and Initial Configuration
Learning to work with and master multiple Linux distributions. This is the 1st of 4 courses that will prepare you for the LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+ certification.
What you'll learn
This course will help you see how much you can enjoy system administration, and how there is a life outside of your current role. Linux is prevalent, it is at the heart of "the cloud" and is hosting companies both big and small. In a recent survey, 93-percent of employers suggested that they plan to hire a Linux professional. This course is designed to get you up and running with Linux starting with the install, and passing through to basic management such as installing software and managing the file system. Being able to see these tasks completed in different Linux flavors will help you understand which Linux distribution is best for you, and prepare you for the vendor neutral certification for the LPI (Linux Professional Institute). This is an administration course, so basic concepts of system administration are expected, but prior knowledge of Linux or Unix systems is not required. We at Pluralsight would like you to again understand the enjoyment that system administration once gave you.
Table of contents
- Shutting Down Linux 5m
- Using the Shut-down Command in CentOS 6.5 11m
- Understanding the Linux Boot Procedure 9m
- Investigating Linux Boot Loaders 6m
- Working With GRUB in SUSE Linux 6m
- Editing the GRUB Menu in SUSE Linux 6m
- Working With Linux Run Levels 11m
- Setting the Default Run Level in Ubuntu 5m
- Controlling Linux Services in SUSE and Ubuntu 10m
- Summary 2m