Linux Kernel and System Startup (LPIC-2)
The second in a series of three courses preparing you for the LPIC-2 117-201 exam.
What you'll learn
This is the second in a series of three courses preparing you for the LPIC-2 117-201 exam by looking in details at the objectives 117-201 and 117-202, the Linux Kernel and System Startup. Care is taken to ensure you have the latest information available as we go beyond the current objectives to look in detail at systemd and GRUB 2. During the demonstration we use CentOS 6.6, CentOS 7, Red Hat 7, and Debian on a Raspberry Pi so you can be assured good coverage of Linux distributions.
Table of contents
- Overview of SysVinit 5m
- Understanding the /etc/inittab File 5m
- Understanding Runlevels 4m
- Controlling Runlevels in CentOS and the Raspberry Pi 5m
- What Makes up an Init Script 4m
- Creating Your Own Init Scripts 7m
- Understanding chkconfig and update-rc.d 5m
- Organizing Service Start-up from the Command Line 9m
- Summary 4m