Managing Software in Linux with Debian Software Management
Managing Software in Linux with Debian Software Management is the course to boost your ability in managing Debian and Ubuntu systems. By the end of the course you will fully understand how to use software management to streamline your systems.
What you'll learn
Many courses and books cover software management in Debian based systems, but few cover it in depth. In this course, Managing Software in Linux with Debian Software Management, you will learn foundational knowledge of using Debian packaging tools, from the basics through to creating binary packages. First, you will be taught the basics of the command dpkg. Next, you will discover how to use apt to help you locate and manage software. Finally, you will explore how to create your own Debian package. When you’re finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of Debian software management needed to manage your enterprise Linux systems.
Table of contents
- Understanding Package Scripts 5m
- Asking More Questions During Software Installation 5m
- Taking Control of Interaction 5m
- Cleaning the APT Cache 2m
- Creating Local Repositories with Apt-Mirror 8m
- Configuring Apache to Deliver the Repository 7m
- Using the Newly Created Repository 3m
- Summary and What's Next 3m