Machine Learning for Healthcare
This course will explore the conceptual aspects of applying machine learning to problems in the healthcare industry, discuss case studies of machine learning used in healthcare, and explore practical implementations of techniques on real-world data from that industry.
What you'll learn
The healthcare industry generates vast quantities of data, and so presents unique opportunities for applying machine learning. The use of machine learning in healthcare can prove transformative in the lives of people around the world.
In this course, Machine Learning for Healthcare, you’ll explore machine learning techniques currently applied in the healthcare industry. First, you’ll explore a few specific use cases such as the use of ML techniques for epidemic control, AI-assisted robotic surgery, patient diagnosis, and the automation of administrative tasks. You will also get an intuitive understanding of how convolutional neural networks work and how they are used in medical imaging.
Next, you will understand the steps involved in applying machine learning techniques to chronic disease prediction. You will study a case from a research paper that uses natural language processing and text extraction techniques on medical notes to diagnose chronic diseases for hospital patients. Another case study will discuss the use of medical imaging and image preprocessing techniques to detect leukemia from microscopic blood cell images.
Finally, you will get hands-on coding and see how you can use regression models to predict blood pressure and classification models to predict liver disease.
When you are finished with this course you will have the awareness of how machine learning can be applied in the healthcare industry and hands-on experience working with healthcare data.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Prerequisites and Course Outline 2m
- AI/ML in Healthcare 5m
- Use Cases of ML in Healthcare: Epidemic Control 4m
- Use Cases of ML in Healthcare: AI-assisted Robotic Surgery 5m
- Use Cases of ML in Healthcare: Predictive Analytics 4m
- Use Cases of ML in Healthcare: Automating Administrative Tasks 3m
- Convolutional Neural Networks to Work with Images 7m
- Challenges in Applying ML to Healthcare 6m
- Classification and Regression 2m
- Demo: Predicting Blood Pressure - Exploring the Dataset 7m
- Demo: Predicting Blood Pressure - Performing Regression 7m
- Demo: Predicting Liver Disease - Data Exploration 6m
- Demo: Predicting Liver Disease - Performing Classification 8m
- Summary, Resources Used, and Further Study 1m