Managing and Administering the Databricks Service
Administering an app or service correctly is crucial to ensuring its security and enabling users to get the best out its features. This course delves into the challenges and techniques in Databricks workspace administration.
What you'll learn
Databricks workspaces serve as the entry point to all assets within this service, and ensuring the right people have access to them, and the right set of permissions to carry out their tasks is essential to ensuring security as well as maximizing the productivity of Databricks users. In this course, Managing and Administering the Databricks Service, you'll delve into the different entities who can interact with Databricks, and how their access can be regulated. First, you'll learn how a Databricks workspace can be provisioned in the Azure cloud platform, and the type of users who can be granted access to it. Next, you'll discover the different types of entitlements which can be granted to users and groups, and the techniques available to accomplish this job. Finally, you'll delve into how the provisioning of users in Databricks can be automated with an application available on the Azure cloud platform. Once you complete this course, you'll have a clear picture of the responsibilities of a Databricks administrator and the various options available when managing this crucial big data service.
Table of contents
- Course Prerequisites and Outline 2m
- An Overview of Databricks 3m
- Entities on Databricks 3m
- Managing Users and Groups 6m
- Demo: Adding a User to an Azure AD Tenant 3m
- Demo: Viewing User Details from the Databricks Web UI 4m
- Demo: Accessing User Details from the Databricks REST API 7m
- Demo: Viewing, Adding, and Removing Users 8m
- Demo: Viewing Group Details 5m
- Demo: Creating New Groups 5m
- Demo: Adding and Removing Group Members 5m