Marvelous Designer Fundamentals
Tackling a pattern-based interface can be challenging at first. This course will teach you the basics of using Marvelous Designer, along with more advanced options that will help you produce stunning results. Software required: Marvelous Designer 6.
What you'll learn
Are you in 3D business and would like to include custom made 3D fabrics to your renders? Or perhaps you're a fashion designer that wishes to present ideas in a realistic way? Tackling a pattern-based interface can be challenging at first.
In this course, Marvelous Designer Fundamentals, you'll learn the very basics, getting accustomed to the interface and new way of thinking.
First, you'll dive into understanding the fundamentals of the pattern-based approach in Marvelous Designer.
Next, you'll explore the different tools that can be utilized, and learn how to create accessories and materials.
Finally, you'll discover posing and animation, and uncover ways to improve the final outcome of your garment.
By the end of this course, you'll have a solid understanding of the Marvelous Designer interface and tools, and sculpting or modeling from scratch that can take hours to finish will be a thing of the past.
Software required: Marvelous Designer 6.
Table of contents
- Creating an Overlapping V-neck Blouse 4m
- Getting to Know Property Editor Settings and Tacking 7m
- Using the 3D Button Tool 9m
- Creating Pockets with Internal Lines and Layer Clone 5m
- Using the Steam Brush Tool 6m
- Fundamentals of the Pleats Tool 5m
- Implementing the Pleated Skirt 6m
- Continuing the Pleated Skirt 6m
Marvelous Designer is a 3D software used to create 3D clothing for digital art projects, video games, 3D animations, CGI in films, and more.
This tutorial will teach you the basics of using Marvelous Designer, as well as some advanced options to produce stunning results. Some topics covered include:
- Introduction to the Marvelous Designer and interface overview
- Basic pattern making and sewing
- Adding realism through garment detail
- Getting creative with patterns and sewing
- Materials - colors, patterns, presets, and physical properties
- Creating poses and animations
- Much more
Anyone who wants to learn Marvelous Designer fundamentals should take this tutorial. Whether you would like to include custom made 3D fabrics for your renders, or you are a fashion designer who wants to present ideas in a realistic way, this Marvelous Designer tutorial is for you.
Nope! No prior experience with Marvelous Designer is required before taking this course.
Marvelous Designer is not free, but you can start a 30 day free trial from their website.