Mastering Bash and Z Shell Scripting Syntax
This course will help you learn the details of shell scripting. Following the precise demonstrations you will learn to create effective and efficient scripts.
What you'll learn
Discovering the details of shell scripting is a process that normally can take a few years. In this course, Mastering Bash and Z Shell Scripting Syntax, you will learn very quickly the expertise of masters and the ability to write and develop effective and efficient shell scripts. First, you will learn detailed variable management including case conversion and readonly variables. Next, you will discover the complexity of conditional statements advanced test in modern shells. Finally, you will explore how to develop many looping structures and why they are used. When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of advanced shell scripting syntax needed to create awesome shell scripts in Linux. Software required: Ubuntu 18.04 or any modern Linux distribution with access to BASH and ZSH.
Table of contents
- Understanding Simple Tests 9m
- Working with Simple Tests and Arithmetic Evaluations 10m
- Testing Strings and Regular Expressions 3m
- Working at the CLI with String Evaluations 9m
- Understanding File Attributes 6m
- Creating Scripts with Test Conditions 6m
- Working with the Case Statement 6m
- Summary and What's Next 4m