Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Deploy an On-premises MECM Site
Walk through the design, installation, and initial configuration of a Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) primary site in this course.
What you'll learn
The central core of an MECM hierarchy is the site, and for a lot of environments it's the primary site. That site is the boundary of administration for all the devices, machines, and software that needs configuration control.
But before you can manage those devices, there are some significant setup activities required to get an MECM primary site operational. Digging deeply into those setup activities is the theme for this course.
In this second course out of sixteen, Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Deploy an On-premises MECM Site, you'll begin by understanding the steps in installing an MECM primary site. This installation comes with a significant series of prerequisites that must be considered before starting any setup routine. Next, once installed, you'll configure the highest-level site and site system properties that are the core requirements for any primary site. This configuration will include several of the core site system roles that are needed before clients get distributed. Finally, you'll configure the distribution point role. Of the roles needed at first, the DP role is the most complicated to configure correctly to meet client needs wherever they might be.
Table of contents
- Introduction 3m
- Plan for Content Distribution and the DP Role 4m
- Configure DP Properties 5m
- Install a New DP and Configure a DP Group 1m
- Distribute and Manage Content 7m
- Validate Distribution Status 3m
- Explore the Content Library Folder Structure 3m
- Configure Rate Limits and Schedule 3m
- Understand MECM Content Caching Solutions 6m
- Configure BranchCache and Peer Cache 4m
- Configure Delivery Optimization and Microsoft Connected Cache 5m