Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Operating Systems Deployment with MECM
Dig deeply into MECM's task sequences for OS deployment automation in this course.
What you'll learn
In many ways, delivering an operating system to an awaiting device represents the capstone of our efforts in this learning path with MECM. The steps to accomplish an OS deployment are the most complex of all the tasks we've accomplished so far, but they're also the most robust. With a collection of all the applications, device configurations, updates, and security settings that we've built thus far, MECM's OS deployment offers a way to join everything together to deploy fully-realized operating systems via automated means.
In this fifteenth course out of sixteen, Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Operating Systems Deployment with MECM, you'll start by getting to know the use cases and scenarios for OS deployment in MECM. Then, you'll prepare MECM's site system roles for OSD. Next, you'll construct a series of task sequences in the MECM console to capture and deploy OSs. Once completed, you'll then integrate user state migration into your task sequence automations. Finally, you'll take a quick look at endpoint manager's soon-to-be-retired Desktop Analytics solution for bringing data to the OS upgrade process. By the end of this course, you'll have gained a deeper understanding of MECM's task sequences for OC deployment automation.
Table of contents
- Introduction 4m
- Create Task Sequence to Deploy Default Image 14m
- Deploy a Default Image 10m
- Create Task Sequence to Capture a Custom Image 3m
- Create Task Sequence to Build and Capture a Custom Image 4m
- Create Bootable, Stand-alone, and Prestaged Task Sequence Media 3m
- Deploy Software Updates to Install Images 3m
- Introduction 4m
- Understand Scenarios for User State Migration 3m
- Prepare State Migration Point and USMT Package 4m
- Explore User State Migration Tool XML Files 4m
- Customize User State Migration Tool XML Files 5m
- Configure Task Sequence for User State Migration 6m
- Enable User-initiated Computer Refresh in Software Center 7m
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Task Sequence Deployments 2m
- Deploy Task Sequences Over the Internet Using CMG 3m