mental ray Production Shaders in Softimage
In this course, we will explore several rendering enhancements that are available to us through the mental ray Production Shaders within Softimage. Software required: Softimage 7.5 and up.
What you'll learn
In this course, we will explore several rendering enhancements that are available to us through the mental ray Production Shaders within Softimage. The mental ray Production Shaders offer us a completely new arsenal for increasing render performance, integrating 3d with live action, easier compositing, and many other advanced rendering features. Through these lessons, we will learn how these production shaders can be used for a variety of purposes, such as adding nearly instantaneous motion blur to our rendered images, seamlessly integrating our 3d art into a live-action plate, achieving more accurate compositing results in an external application, and much more. Using these shaders, we now have access to mental ray features that will allow us to render our images faster, with a much higher level of control, and with much higher quality. Software required: Softimage 7.5 and up.
Table of contents
- Enabling Mental Ray Production Shaders in Softimage 5m
- Utilizing the Mip_rayswitch Node in Softimage 10m
- Using the Mip_motionblur Node in Softimage 8m
- Working with the Mip_motion_vector Node in Softimage 10m
- Utilizing the Mip_card_opacity Node in Softimage 8m
- Live Action Compositing with Production Shaders 10m
- Using the Mip_matteshadow Node in Softimage 12m