Microsoft Azure API Management Essentials
This course demonstrates how to use Microsoft Azure API Management to quickly and securely enable APIs for mobile development and for internal and external use.
What you'll learn
Increasingly Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are being referred to as the engines of growth and are fundamentally changing the way organizations do business.
In this course, Microsoft Azure API Management Essentials, you'll learn about using Azure API Management service to ensure that your current and future APIs can reach the fullest potential.
First, you'll learn why you should use API Management, and how to manage your API with Azure API Management.
Next, you'll learn how to protect your API with rate limits and how to add caching to improve API performance.
Then, you'll learn about policies in API Management and C# based Policy Expressions.
Finally, you'll learn about security in API Management.
By the end of this course, you'll have a solid understanding of Azure API Management, its key capabilities, and how to host and secure your API (internal and external).
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Tools Used in This Module 2m
- Introducing Task API 1m
- Setting up the Environment 5m
- Invoking the Task API Using Postman 9m
- Creating API Management Service 2m
- Creating API Management Product, API, and Operations 13m
- Policy Statements 2m
- Policy Expressions 2m
- Policy Configuration 2m
- Understanding Policy Execution 2m
- Deterministic Ordering of Policy Statements 2m
- Demo: Rate Limit and Quota Policy 5m
- Demo: JSON to XML Policy 4m
- Demo: Advanced Control Flow Policy 10m
- Policy Reference 4m
- Summary 2m
- Introduction 1m
- Securing Your API 2m
- Tools Used in Module 2m
- Reintroducing Task API 2m
- Setting up the Environment 3m
- Enforcing Pre-access Check 9m
- Preventing Unauthorized Access 7m
- Authenticating Against a Backend Service Using Certs 5m
- Authenticating Against a Backend Service Using OAuth2 5m
- Preventing Excessive Usage 3m
- Preventing Content Attack 4m
- Watching for Abnormal Activity 8m
- Summary 2m
Azure API Management provides a scalable, multi-cloud API management platform for securing, publishing, and analyzing APIs.
The main use of Azure APIM is to have one central interface to create and manage APIs for applications and services. API Management can allow you to monitor API health, catch errors on each API, and much more.
This Azure API Management tutorial will teach you
- What is APIM and why use it
- Creating an API manually
- How to protect your API with rate limits
- How to add caching to improve API performance
- Policies in API Management (statements, expressions, configuration)
- Security in API Management
- Much more
Anyone who wants to learn Microsoft Azure API Management. If you want to learn how to quickly and securely enable APIs for mobile development and for internal & external use, then this course is for you.
Nope! This course is intended for beginners, so just come ready to learn the essentials of Azure API Management.
About the author
Network Interface Layer and Ethernet Operation for Cisco CCNA 200-125/100-105
- 3h 5m