Microsoft Fakes Fundamentals
This course teaches you how to use Microsoft's Visual Studio 2012 Fakes to improve your unit tests.
What you'll learn
In this course you will learn how to use the Microsoft Fakes provided with Visual Studio 2012 to isolate your tests from the dependencies of the classes you are unit testing. It will teach you how to use stubs to track dependency collaboration and to control program flow. It will also teach you how to use shims to test legacy code.
Table of contents
- Introduction 0m
- Demo: An Example of a Poor Quality Unit Test 6m
- Revisit: Properties of a Good Unit Test 1m
- Demo: The Dependency Inversion Principle 4m
- Demo: Generating the Stubs Assembly 5m
- Demo: Fixing the Test with a Stub 19m
- Recap: Properties of a Good Unit Test 0m
- Demo: Using Stubs To Verify Property Setters 6m