Preparing for Migration from AngularJS 1 to Angular (2+)
Migrating from Angular 1 to Angular 2 doesn't have to be a headache. This course teaches you how to prepare and migrate your AngularJS (version 1.x) applications to Angular (version 2 and above) using the easiest and lowest-risk methods available.
What you'll learn
Angular is here, and it's amazing. You'd like to get your Angular 1 applications moved over to Angular 2, but for many of those applications, a full rewrite isn't a possibility. So migrating slowly, piece by piece, is the right answer.
This Angularjs 2 course will walk you through that process, showing you how to migrate in a way that minimizes risk, and lets you migrate while continuing to maintain your applications.
- First, you'll learn how to prepare your code and follow the Style Guide.
- Next, you'll prepare tools and processes such as Typescript and ES6.
- Finally, you'll learn how to add Angular 2 to your application (including installing ng2 and and introducing jpsm to the build) and learn about migration--how to choose what migrates, and how to actually migrate services and components.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Step 3: All New Development with Components 2m
- Step 4: Switch Controllers to Components 1m
- Converting the Admin Login Controller to a Component 6m
- Converting the Results Controller to a Component 9m
- Converting the Home Controller to a Component 4m
- Fixing Tests for Converted Controllers 6m
- Switch All Other Controllers 2m
- Summary 0m