Modeling an Organized Head Mesh in Maya
In this Maya tutorial, we'll be modeling a generic male base mesh head. Software required: Maya 2016.
What you'll learn
In this Maya tutorial, we'll be modeling a generic male base mesh head.
We'll focus on advanced techniques for successfully modeling polygon forms by stressing anatomy and edge flow to get the correct geometry for deformations in polygon models.
Utilizing the tools we have available, we'll learn the thought processes of modeling the forms and modeling for the production pipeline.
By the end of this head modeling Maya training, you'll have a better understanding of the processes and modeling tools you need to use to build models that look and deform correctly while giving predictable results come render time.
Software required: Maya 2016.
Table of contents
- Customizing the Maya Interface 13m
- Discussing Image Planes 10m
- Setting up Image Planes 10m
- Pre-planning for Our Model 11m
- Constructing the Mouth 13m
- Blocking in the Nasolabial Fold 13m
- Finishing the Mouth and Jaw 9m
- Constructing the Eyes 13m
- Blocking in the Eyes and Nose 12m
- Constructing the Cheeks 12m
- Creating the Brow Ridge 13m
- Blocking in Ear and Back of the Head 13m
- Finishing the Back of the Head and Neck 12m
- Modeling the Lips 13m
- Continuing with the Mouth 13m
- Detailing the Eyes 13m
- Finishing the Eyes 13m
- Modeling the Nose 12m
- Finishing the Nose 12m
- Cleaning up the Forms 9m
- Modeling the Ears 12m
- Detailing the Ears 11m
- Continuing the Ear Details 11m
- Continuing to Model the Ears 13m
- Finishing the Ears 12m
- Exploring New Sculpting Tools 10m
- Continuing to Explore New Sculpting Tools 11m
- Making Final Adjustments 11m
- Clean up, Organization, and Sign Off 10m