Modeling Roof Formations, Structures and Materials in Revit
In this set of tutorials we'll take an in depth look at working with residential roof formations, materials, and even structures. Software required: Revit 2015.
What you'll learn
In this set of tutorials we'll take an in depth look at working with residential roof formations, materials, and even structures. We'll begin by creating various residential roof formations using various roof tools. Once we've become comfortable with making roof forms, we'll take a look at roof assemblies and customize our own assembly to fit the needs of our design. Finally, once roof materials and layers are in place, we'll model the framing system that supports the roof assembly we're trying to create. Software required: Revit 2015.
Table of contents
- Using Roof by Extrusion to Create a Flat Roof 11m
- Using Roof by Footprint to Create a Flat Roof 7m
- Modeling a Gable Roof Formation 8m
- Using Roof by Footprint to Create a Gable Roof 7m
- Modeling a Gambrel Roof Formation 13m
- Modeling a Mansard Roof Formation 10m
- Customizing a Roof Assembly 10m
- Using Beam Systems to Create the Rafters 11m
- Adding the Ridge and Hip Boards to the Framing 7m
- Cutting and Joining the Roof Framing Elements 11m