Implementing the NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity in Your Organization
Managing cybersecurity is highly critical in today's organizations. This course will give you the advanced skills you need to use NIST’s Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) to manage the cybersecurity effort in your organization.
What you'll learn
In today’s organizations, managing cybersecurity can seem to be a daunting task. The constant threat of a breach, balancing a shrinking cybersecurity budget, and the ever-present laws and regulations that govern data protection all make for a complex, difficult job. Add the routine work involved in managing the mission, resources, and strategy of an organization, and it’s easy to see why many organization leaders are ineffective at managing their cybersecurity programs. In this course, Implementing the NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity in Your Organization, you’ll learn the purpose and structure of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and how the NIST CSF integrates with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF). First, you’ll explore the core 5 CSF functions and how their categories and subcategories integrate into the RMF, as well as how to use those CSF functions to build an effective cybersecurity management program. Next, you'll discover the CSF tiers, and how they measure the depth of rigor of a cybersecurity program. Then, you’ll learn how profiles are used to tailor the CSF and the RMF to a particular industry segment, such as manufacturing, energy, and telecommunications. Finally, you’ll understand how to integrate the CSF with the organization’s cybersecurity program management and the RMF, focusing on real-world challenges and solutions. By the end of this course, you'll understand how to adopt and implement the CSF in your organization to manage all aspects of your cybersecurity assets.
Table of contents
- Globomantics Company Profile 2m
- Organizational Challenges 5m
- Performing the Identify Function 3m
- Performing the Protect Function 2m
- Performing the Detect Function 3m
- Performing the Response Function 2m
- Performing the Recover Function 2m
- Improving Effectiveness through Tiers 2m
- Using the CSF Manufacturing Profile 2m
- Summary 1m
In this course you will learn about:
- Core functions, categories, and sub categories
- Implementation tiers
- Cybersecurity profiles
- How the CSF integrates with the NIST RMF
- How to implement the cybersecurity framework within your organization
Before taking this course, you should be familiar with basic security management processes, the fundamentals of risk management, and the NIST RMF.
CSF Profiles identify and prioritize opportunities for improving cybersecurity at an organization or within an industry.
This course is for anyone that wants to learn how to use and implement the NIST Framework to improve their organization's cybersecurity.
Some benefits of the NIST Framework include:
- Superior and unbiased cybersecurity
- Enable long-term cybersecurity and risk management
- Ripple effects across supply chains and vendor lists
- Bridge the gap between technical and business side stakeholders