Color Workflows in NUKE
This course will help you gain a full understanding of ways to work with various elements in different colorspace so that everything looks the same before and after rendering.
What you'll learn
NUKE's linear light workflow handles all of the unique ways that sources deal with color in a seamless fashion. This course, Color Workflows in NUKE, will introduce you to the fundamentals of color spaces in NUKE. First, you'll start with discovering how to use the grade node effectively and do basic color correction. Next, you are going explore the other color correct nodes that are most commonly used, such as the hue-correct, color lookup, and color correct nodes. Finally, you will go over a rough composite using some green-screen elements over a basic background before finishing with some CG elements in their various layers and how they can be composited over a background. By the end of this course, you'll have a full, comprehensive understanding of color and how things go together. Software required: NUKE 10.
Table of contents
- Overview of NUKE and Key Terms 7m
- Overview 3m
- Examining Footage of Various Types 9m
- Examining Linear Footage 4m
- Manually Recreating NUKE's Linear Light Workflow 4m
- The Rendering Process 8m
- Overview of the Grade Node 5m
- Color Correction with the Grade Node 8m
- Overview of the Colorcorrect and Colorlookup Nodes 6m
- Overview of the Huecorrect Node 7m