NUKE is the compositing standard for the entertainment industry, particularly films and television. This course will teach you the fundamentals of NUKE. Software required: NUKE 10.5.
What you'll learn
Have you ever wondered how fantastic the Hollywood FX make there way onto the silver screen? If so, this is the perfect course for you. In this course, NUKE Fundamentals, you'll learn the compositing package used by every major Hollywood studio. First, you'll be introduced to nodes, node based compositing, and fundamental techniques like concatenation in NUKE. Next, you'll learn all the fundamental aspects of NUKE as a tool to create your art. Finally, you'll walk through a simple composite from beginning to end, where you'll build a 3D render of Earth. When you're finished with this compositing course, you'll not only know how to get around NUKE easily, but you'll have a solid foundation to start creating Hollywood FXs of your own. Software required: NUKE 10.5.
Table of contents
- Introducing the Project 3m
- Building Earth with 3D Nodes 3m
- Adding the Clouds 5m
- Adding Lights and the Dark Side of the Planet 7m
- Color Correcting the Base Layers 6m
- Adding a Layer of Atmosphere to the Planet 6m
- Introducing Lightwrap to Add More Atmosphere 4m
- Adding a Soft Glow, a Write Node, and Wrapping Up 4m